× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Letter of Volatility Request - GS516T

ofuen
Aspirant

Letter of Volatility Request - GS516T

Hello all,

I am trying to acquire a letter of volatility for the PROSAFE model GS516T 16 port switch.  I noticed under the model drop down menu only went up to the GS504 but I was able to find a manual for the GS516T at  http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/GS516T/GS516T%20manual.pdf

Model: GS504|Gigabit Switches
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
ofuen
Aspirant

Re: Letter of Volatility Request - GS516T

Thank you. The response from this community forum is awesome.

View solution in original post

Model: GS516T|16-port 100/1000 Mbps Copper Gigabit Switch
Message 3 of 8

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi ofuen,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

Here is the letter of volatility for GS516T. No password needed and the link will expire after 48 hour period.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 2 of 8
ofuen
Aspirant

Thank you. The response from this community forum is awesome.
Message 3 of 8
ofuen
Aspirant

Good Morning, First thank for response on LOV for the GS516T. I noticed that the LOV stated the there was no memory. Is there no non-volatile firmware in this product? My security officer is pretty sure it does. Any specification sheets available other documents available? Thanks Orlando
Message 4 of 8
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@ofuen,

I may need to inquire the lists of all the switches that has a memory. I'll get back to you once I got the information. But, definitely these type of switches doesn't have any memory or even a non-volatile firmware.

Regards,

Message 5 of 8
ofuen
Aspirant

JohnCarlovV, Just touching base to see if this is still on your radar? Orlando
Message 6 of 8
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@ofuen,

According to our engineering team, all NETGEAR switches except the unmanaged switches have some sort of volatile memory use in them. Unfortunately, they wasn't able to provide us the list that we requested.

Regards,

Message 7 of 8
ofuen
Aspirant

JohnCarloV, First thank you for follow up. So the following statements would be correct? 1. Memory: Volatile (yes), memory cleared when power removed (yes) 2. Flash-non-volatile: Size-(?), User Modifiable (No) 3. Function: For initial chipset in power up stage 4. Process to Clear: Use flash programmer
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements