× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Lokking for MIB file and/or OIDs for GS100 series SmartSwitches

kurven
Aspirant

Lokking for MIB file and/or OIDs for GS100 series SmartSwitches

I'm trying to set up monitoring for my network, and is looking for the OIDs for my switches (GS110TPv2 Firmware version 5.4.2.19  and a GS108Tv2  Firmware version 5.4.2.22)

I've been searching every corner of the internet but with limited results, so far I've only found a few OIDs that the switches accept.

Every documentation I've come across is pretty much obsolete, as they're often dated from 2005-2009, anyway they say that the oids for theese switches is 3.6.1.4.1.4526.100.4.19 and 18 respectivly.

However, when i query them with snmpget/walk they only respond to 3.6.1.4.1.4526.11.etc witch afaik is a model called NG700, strange... -But of course I guess the firmware is different from when those documents were written, the models I have probably didn't even exist at the point.

However after playing around with them for a few hours they still present me with a lot of data (Dumping the entire 3.6.1.4.1.4526.11 OID to a text file with snmpwalk resulted in a huge file of several megabytes)

The problem now is that i have no idea what I'm looking at, so the question is if any MIB-files or description of the OIDs exist for theese switches?

Just a list of oids with descriptions would suffice.

Regards, Martin

Model: GS108Tv2|ProSAFE 8-port Gigabit Smart Switch, GS110TPv2|ProSAFE 8-port Gigabit PoE Smarta Switch
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Lokking for MIB file and/or OIDs for GS100 series SmartSwitches

Hi kurven, 

I have sent you a PM with the new download link. 

Thanks,

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi kurven, 

I have sent you a private message regarding the download link. Let us know if this helps. 

Thanks,

Message 2 of 7
kurven
Aspirant

Thank you for the download, unfortunatley this apears to be a firmware update with most of the files beeing in binary format with the exception of a few installation scripts.

Actually, I tried the NMS300 toolkit and it will suffice for my project, and I'm fully aware that unless any further documentation other than the source code is avaiable, I guess my search comes out fruitless.

Anyways, thank you for your time, I appreciate it.

Message 3 of 7
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi kurven, 

That was odd, the link should have contained the MIB files. I'll request it again. I am glad that the NMS300 is helping you at this point. I'll get back to you on this. 

Thanks,

Message 4 of 7
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi kurven, 

I have sent you a PM with the new download link. 

Thanks,

Message 5 of 7
kurven
Aspirant

Yes, that's it, got it working now.

Thank you for your help, much apreciated!

Message 6 of 7
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi kurven, 

Great! I'm glad to help. Please feel free to open a new post if you have more concerns. Have a great day! 

Thanks,

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements