× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Memory log flooded on stacked S3300-52X ProSAFE 48-Port Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch

OlafE
Tutor

Memory log flooded on stacked S3300-52X ProSAFE 48-Port Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch

Hello,

the memory log is flooded every two seconds with the same message:

BSP[unitMgrTask]: bspcpu_i2c.c(1595) 21619 %% Unable to Read BSC controller offset:0x0 rv:-9 unit:0 i2cAddr:0x50

Also a reboot of the stack did change nothing here.

I am not sure, what this message wants to tell me and what has to be done to fix the error.

Maybe the community is faster with a solution, since the person, who can provide me with the purchase date eventually which I need for direct contacting support, is currently traveling.

Thanks and best greetings from Germany
Olaf

Model: S3300-52X (GS752TX)|ProSafe 48 ports stackable smart switches
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
OlafE
Tutor

Re: Memory log flooded on stacked S3300-52X ProSAFE 48-Port Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch

With the help of Netgear support could be determined, that the error messages seemed to be related to one of the SFP ports of one of the switches (without further details, which switch or which port). Since these ports where involved in the stacks ring topology I found that two ports of the SFP ports did show offline.

After I could someone onsite to check/replace the cable, the missing ports flashed online and the error message disappeard. So we had basically a broken ring with a less than sufficient error message tied to this.

Best greetings from Germany

Olaf

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
OlafE
Tutor

Betreff: Memory log flooded on stacked S3300-52X ProSAFE 48-Port Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch

Additional info: The stack consists out of 3 devices, the firmware is the latest available (

Message 2 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @OlafE,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Are there any recent changes made in the settings of the S3300-52X switch stack? 

b. Are there any recent changes made in the network setup where the S3300-52X switch stack is deployed?

c. Is the S3300-52X switch stack still working fine even though the memory log is flooded with the logs you are seeing? 

d. What devices are directly connected to the S3300-52X switch stack? 

e. How is everything connected?  It would be best if you post an image of your detailed network setup. 

f. Are there VLANs configured on the S3300-52X switch stack?

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
OlafE
Tutor

With the help of Netgear support could be determined, that the error messages seemed to be related to one of the SFP ports of one of the switches (without further details, which switch or which port). Since these ports where involved in the stacks ring topology I found that two ports of the SFP ports did show offline.

After I could someone onsite to check/replace the cable, the missing ports flashed online and the error message disappeard. So we had basically a broken ring with a less than sufficient error message tied to this.

Best greetings from Germany

Olaf

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements