× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: NMS300 and GS752TPP switch discovery issue

FoReVeR_0515
Tutor

NMS300 and GS752TPP switch discovery issue

I've just set up the NMS300 software and attempting to discover two Netgear GS752TPP switches. During discovery, it finds them, but I keep getting "Credential Failure". The switches currently still have the default password set, but I will be changing them soon. I consulted the manual, searched online, and tried a few things with SNMP configuration on the switches, but still a no-go. Any advice on how I can get them to talk properly?

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@FoReVeR_0515,

As per the feedback of the higher tier of NETGEAR Support, the next NMS300 software version that will be released that will make the GS752TPP switch be compatible to it might be on the 2nd quarter of this year.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @FoReVeR_0515,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

The GS752TPP switch was released last May 2018.  Currently, there is no new NMS300 software release that would make the GS752TPP compatible with NMS300.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 8
FoReVeR_0515
Tutor

Is there a reason is doesn't support a switch that released 8 months ago? Even if official support hasn't been added, shouldn't it at least be able to manage with basic information available? It states the software supports other brands of various devices, so it seems Netgear's own switch would be a given.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to remedy the "Credential Failure" error?

Message 3 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@FoReVeR_0515,

I have already inquired this post to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support.  I will post here once I got a feedback.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 8
FoReVeR_0515
Tutor

Thank you, I look forward to your reply.
Message 5 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@FoReVeR_0515,

As per the feedback of the higher tier of NETGEAR Support, the next NMS300 software version that will be released that will make the GS752TPP switch be compatible to it might be on the 2nd quarter of this year.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 8
FoReVeR_0515
Tutor

Thank you for the information, I look forward to that release.

Message 7 of 8
FoReVeR_0515
Tutor

Today I decided to reinstall the NMS300 software, as I had uninstalled it before to test other options. I was able to get it going and successfully add the two Netgear swsitches using custom SNMP device credentials. So it seems the software does support these switches fine, but weren't able to talk to them properly the first time around.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements