× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need version of my GS724T for firmware upgrade

aldoluck
Aspirant

Need version of my GS724T for firmware upgrade

Hello,

I have an GS724T from which I don't know what version it is. I found this solution but no place to make certain which version (1,2,3 or 4) I have. Is there I place where I can look it up? I need it to update the correct firmware version (it's rather old).

Thank you very much.

best regards,

aldoluck

Model: GS724T|24-port Gigabit Smart Switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Need version of my GS724T for firmware upgrade

@aldoluck,

The model of the switch that you have is a GS724Tv2.  It seems that it is also indicated on the label of the switch based from the picture you have sent me.  You can download the firmware version for the GS724Tv2 switch here

If ever the current firmware of the GS724Tv2 is an old version, I suggest you to upgrade the firmware in a ladderized manner.  For example, from v1.0.1 to v1.0.2 then, from v1.0.2 to 1.0.3_30 and so on until you reach the latest version which is v1.0.3_35.  Be sure to perform a factory reset on the GS724Tv2 switch after upgrading the firmware to the latest version then reconfigure it from scratch.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi aldoluck,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Kindly send me an actual picture of the serial number labeled on the GS724T switch itself via private message and I'll try to check it here on my end.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@aldoluck,

The model of the switch that you have is a GS724Tv2.  It seems that it is also indicated on the label of the switch based from the picture you have sent me.  You can download the firmware version for the GS724Tv2 switch here

If ever the current firmware of the GS724Tv2 is an old version, I suggest you to upgrade the firmware in a ladderized manner.  For example, from v1.0.1 to v1.0.2 then, from v1.0.2 to 1.0.3_30 and so on until you reach the latest version which is v1.0.3_35.  Be sure to perform a factory reset on the GS724Tv2 switch after upgrading the firmware to the latest version then reconfigure it from scratch.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
aldoluck
Aspirant

Hello DaneA,

Oups, sorry. I was only really looking on the web interface for the version. You have keen eyes!

Thank you very much.

best regards,

aldoluck

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements