× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear License Server down?

Aud-iOS
Aspirant

Netgear License Server down?

I’ve been waiting just under a week for Netgear to respond about their License Server being down. I received confirmation it was down via tech support chat, and was told to wait for an email response as to when the license server would be up. I’m trying to activate the EAV license for the switch. Has anyone else experienced this? Is there any other way to activate the license? I’m not confident I’ve received the definintive answer from tech support.

thanks for any feedback.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Re: Netgear License Server down?

We are aware of the license.netgear.com sign in issue. We apologize for the disruption and it may take some more time before we can properly restore access to the site for you to be able to activate your EAV license. We have no workaround at this time but if we do, I will update this thread. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Aud-iOS,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I have already inquired your concern to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support.  I will post here once I got a feedback.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
Aud-iOS
Aspirant

Thanks - I thought the community might find it helpful to know the Netgear License Server has been down for over a week, since there doesn't seem to be any notification elsewhere on the Netgear sites or Community, or any indication when the service outage will be resolved, nor any other way to register an EAV License.

Message 3 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Aud-iOS,

I got a feedback.  As per the higher tier of NETGEAR Support, this is still being worked on.  

If ever there are any updates, I will post here on this forum thread.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 6
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

We are aware of the license.netgear.com sign in issue. We apologize for the disruption and it may take some more time before we can properly restore access to the site for you to be able to activate your EAV license. We have no workaround at this time but if we do, I will update this thread. 

Message 5 of 6
kohdee
NETGEAR Expert

Hello, just tested and the server is backup and should be functional again. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements