× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Smart Switch - How do i connect if i don't have a CD ROM

12345_12
Aspirant

Netgear Smart Switch - How do i connect if i don't have a CD ROM

I have a Netgear smart switch. I want to connect to it to look at the settings  but i dont have a CD player and the disk they sent only works with a Windows PC and I have a Mac. How can I connect to the switch and look at the settings ?

Model: GS748T|48-port Gigabit Smart Switch
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Hi,

Head to the GS748Tv5 Downloads, grab the Netgear Switch Discovery Tool for Mac, install and run it. Once discovered, click on the router and a Web browser opens.

Alternate, you can check your DHCP server (e.g. on the router) for the switch DHCP assigned IPv4 address (e.g. based on the device MAC address - see label), and manually enter it in the web browser URL, like http://192.168.1.23/ .

Either case, add a reservation to the DHCP server, so the switch does always get the same IP address assigned.

Typically, CD-ROM contents are obsolete once delieverd - there is always the current firmware, documentation, and more available on the site linked above.

Regards,

-Kurt

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Hi,

Head to the GS748Tv5 Downloads, grab the Netgear Switch Discovery Tool for Mac, install and run it. Once discovered, click on the router and a Web browser opens.

Alternate, you can check your DHCP server (e.g. on the router) for the switch DHCP assigned IPv4 address (e.g. based on the device MAC address - see label), and manually enter it in the web browser URL, like http://192.168.1.23/ .

Either case, add a reservation to the DHCP server, so the switch does always get the same IP address assigned.

Typically, CD-ROM contents are obsolete once delieverd - there is always the current firmware, documentation, and more available on the site linked above.

Regards,

-Kurt

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements