× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No Bootloader Upgrade Prompt on GS105Ev2?

gfunkdave
Aspirant

No Bootloader Upgrade Prompt on GS105Ev2?

I upgraded a GS105Ev2 to firmware version 1.5.0.5 from an older version (I forget which one) using TFTP. The update went fine, but the switch didn't prompt me to upgrade the bootloader. Another GS105Ev2 that I have did prompt me to upgrade the bootloader. That one now shows the bootloader version on the status page and allows firmware updates via HTTP instead of TFTP.

This other GS105Ev2 does not show the bootloader version on the status page, and still requires firmware updates via TFTP. How can I make it upgrade the bootloader? I did try going to switch.ip/loader_upg.htm, which just results in a blank page.

Does anyone know what's going on? Thanks.

Model: GS105Ev2|ProSAFE Plus 5-port Switch
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: No Bootloader Upgrade Prompt on GS105Ev2?

@gfunkdave,

Yes, you may try to downgrade the switch. Then try to put it back again to v1.5.0.5.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
gfunkdave
Aspirant

Can I downgrade to 1.5.0.4, which came bundled with the bootloader images? If I do that, will it prompt me to update?

Message 2 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi gfunkdave,

May I know what is the recent firmware before upgrading it to v1.5.0.5? As per checking in the release notes that "Once FW upgrading completes, please login to switch by web GUI to upgrade boot loader." . It seems that the other switch works fine. Can you try if you can upgrade it via HTTP? Try to reflash firmware and let's see if that will prompt you to choose the correct boot loader.

Regards,

Message 3 of 6
gfunkdave
Aspirant

I don't remember what the previous firmware was. It was something before 1.5.0.4.

I have tried re-flashing, and it still does not prompt to update the bootloader. 

Can I downgrade to 1.5.0.4, which seems to be the first firmware version that included the new bootloader? The switch that works updated the bootloader when I installed 1.5.0.4 a while back.

Message 4 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@gfunkdave,

Yes, you may try to downgrade the switch. Then try to put it back again to v1.5.0.5.

Regards,

Message 5 of 6
gfunkdave
Aspirant

Thanks. Downgrading to 1.5.0.4 prompted me to upgrade the bootloader. I then upgraded back to 1.5.0.5. All seems well now. Yay!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements