× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: PVID port priority

beachmat
Guide

PVID port priority

On the GS724v4 PVID screen, what is the port priority setting for, and does it tie in with other QOS or COS settings? I can't find anything about it in the manual.

Model: GS724Tv4|ProSAFE 24-port Gigabit Smart Switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

In the Port Priority field, you can specify the default 802.1p CoS PCP priority assigned to untagged packets arriving at the port. Possible values are 0–7. Default 0 (BE, Best Effort).

There is a tiny (?) on many Netgear switch Web UI, opening some context sensitive information - always worth a try.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

In the Port Priority field, you can specify the default 802.1p CoS PCP priority assigned to untagged packets arriving at the port. Possible values are 0–7. Default 0 (BE, Best Effort).

There is a tiny (?) on many Netgear switch Web UI, opening some context sensitive information - always worth a try.

Message 2 of 4
beachmat
Guide

Ah yes, thanks, I hadn't noticed it.

Message 3 of 4
MultiByte
Tutor

I was confused on CoS Port Priority field.  On Cisco documentation, page 27-3, printed 0 being the lowest priority and 7 the highest.  Netgear also stated same as above.  Is there a different meaning to lowest/highest priority vs Best Effort?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements