× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Port Mirroring or SPAN limits

Yapper70
Aspirant

Port Mirroring or SPAN limits

I curreenly have a GS752 switch and when doing port mirroring (SPAN) it will only allow me to mirror up to 8 ports.  Is there another model that will allow more ports to be mirrored?  Also, how would I find out the number of ports that can be mirrored on a NetGear switch? 

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Yapper70,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

As far as I have checked, most of the NETGEAR switches that supports port mirroring allows up to 8 ports be configured as source ports.  Also, as I observe on most of the data sheets of the NETGEAR switches, it does not tell how many source ports can be set in port mirroring and it says "many-to-one" port mirroring.  

However, take a look on data sheet of the M4100 switch series here.  Its indicated that on the Port Mirroring section on page 29, that the maximum source ports in a session is the total switch port count.  So for the M4100-D12G switch model, since it has 12 ports which means that its possible to select 11 ports as source ports and 1 port as the destination port.  

You may want to check the M4300 switch series here as well.  Its also indicated that on the Port Mirroring section on page 42, that the maximum source ports in a session is the total switch port count.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Yapper70,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

As far as I have checked, most of the NETGEAR switches that supports port mirroring allows up to 8 ports be configured as source ports.  Also, as I observe on most of the data sheets of the NETGEAR switches, it does not tell how many source ports can be set in port mirroring and it says "many-to-one" port mirroring.  

However, take a look on data sheet of the M4100 switch series here.  Its indicated that on the Port Mirroring section on page 29, that the maximum source ports in a session is the total switch port count.  So for the M4100-D12G switch model, since it has 12 ports which means that its possible to select 11 ports as source ports and 1 port as the destination port.  

You may want to check the M4300 switch series here as well.  Its also indicated that on the Port Mirroring section on page 42, that the maximum source ports in a session is the total switch port count.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Yapper70
Aspirant

Thanks, that is the information I was looking for. 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements