× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ProSAFE utility won't accept my new password

JeffGPL
Aspirant

ProSAFE utility won't accept my new password

I changed the password from the factory default, and the ProSAFE utility would not accept the new password. I did a factory reset on the switch and changed the password again. The ProSAFE utility still says it's incorrect. I can log into the Web interface with that same password.

Version 2.7.2 of the ProSAFE utility

Firmware up to date (2.0.1.40)

Windows 7 Home Premium

First question: Can I do everything in the Web interface that I can in the ProSAFE utility? If so, I will ditch the utility.

Second question: If not, what's the fix? Please don't tell me, as someone else told a person with the same problem, to reset the switch to factory defaults. I'm not going to let it sit on my network with "password" as the password.

Thank you!

Jeffrey Pike, Groton Public Library

Model: JGS524Ev2|ProSafe Plus 24 ports gigabits switch
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: ProSAFE utility won't accept my new password

Hi JeffGPL,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

Please try to use the previous version of the ProSAFE Plus Utility. Yes, you can do everything in the web interface and Prosafe Utility is most recommended if you do have a lot of switches inside the network.

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi JeffGPL,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

Please try to use the previous version of the ProSAFE Plus Utility. Yes, you can do everything in the web interface and Prosafe Utility is most recommended if you do have a lot of switches inside the network.

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Just curious if the "complexity" of the new password chosen could have an impact - special chars, single or double quotation marks, password length, ... Potential password length truncation, whatever. Can't get rid of the impression things are not implemented very consistent, neither on the Switch Web UI nor on the App - as we see this kind of complaints every now and then.

Message 3 of 5
JeffGPL
Aspirant

Thank you, JohnCarlo. I only have three switches, so I will probably just stick to the Web interface for now.

Jeffrey Pike

Message 4 of 5
JeffGPL
Aspirant

That's an interesting insight. I don't recall any prompts in the Web interface explaining which characters or what length is allowed in the password. Fotunately, as JohnCarlo mentioned, I can do everything I need to do through the Web interface, so at least for the time being, I will just stick to that.

Jeffrey Pike

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements