× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ProSafe GS748TPS and Serial Number = 23R725xxxxxxx

rmcgrew
Aspirant

ProSafe GS748TPS and Serial Number = 23R725xxxxxxx

I asked this about a week ago, but never got a firm response and now I cannot find my post.

We have three of these switches connected together with HDMI cables in the back. They need upgraded from 5.0.0.23 to 5.2.0.11. My question is do we have to physically disconnect these switches from each other to do the upgrades or can they be disconnected in the software for the upgrades?

My problem is that these switches are mounted in a chassis inside of closet in a fashion that I cannot reach the HDMI cables easily.

Also, I am wanting to do the upgrade to make sure we have the latest LLC between the switches and our Qnap server. We seem to be having speed issues on our network and I am trying to eliminate all possible issues that could be creating the slowness.

Anyone that knows for certain, please let me know. Otherwise later this week I will be cutting a hole in the wall to access these cables to do the upgrades.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: ProSafe GS748TPS and Serial Number = 23R725xxxxxxx

Hi rmcgrew,

For me, I would prefer to remove the switches on the stack and upgrade it as standalone. This will avoid the interruption between the stacking cables that will cause the switch to break as this is one of our pretty old units which is already EOL.

Regards,

JohnCarloV

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi rmcgrew,

For me, I would prefer to remove the switches on the stack and upgrade it as standalone. This will avoid the interruption between the stacking cables that will cause the switch to break as this is one of our pretty old units which is already EOL.

Regards,

JohnCarloV

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
rmcgrew
Aspirant

Yes, I plan on cutting a hole in the wall tomorrow so I can get access to the HDMI cables.
Thanks for your direct answer as this is a first for me.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements