× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ProSafe PLUS Utility will not accept password after firmware upgrade 2.0.1.40

lcwondr
Aspirant

ProSafe PLUS Utility will not accept password after firmware upgrade 2.0.1.40

Just updated firmware to 2.0.1.40 and can login fine via web interface.  ProSafe Utility ver 2.4.3 and 2.4.9 both will not accept the password.  Then via the ProSafe Utility the switch will be locked for 30 minutes due to consecutive 3 authentication failures.  Yet can still login via the web interface just fine.  What gives???

Model: JGS524Ev2|ProSAFE Plus 24-port Gigabit Switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: ProSafe PLUS Utility will not accept password after firmware upgrade 2.0.1.40

Hi lcwondr,

Welcome to our community!

Please try resetting the switch to factory default and try to access it via prosafe utility. May I know the model number of the switch?

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: ProSafe PLUS Utility will not accept password after firmware upgrade 2.0.1.40

Hi lcwondr,

Welcome to our community!

Please try resetting the switch to factory default and try to access it via prosafe utility. May I know the model number of the switch?

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@lcwondr,

I would like to have a follow up on this thread. Please let us know if everything works ok now or you still need further assistance.

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
lcwondr
Aspirant

That seemed to have worked.  Thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements