× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Prosafe Plus Configuration Utility - HTTP request error

chiefwebofficer
Aspirant

Re: FIXED: Prosafe Plus Configuration Utility - HTTP request error

I had the same problem. My OS is Windows 8. Set the exe for the utility to Windows 7 compatibility. Works now.

Message 26 of 29
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi chiefwebofficer,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

I am glad that your problem has been resolved and I appreciate that you have shared your experience here in the community.  🙂 

Cheers,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 27 of 29
Toni_Toni
Aspirant

Hi,

I have the same error, NetGearServer.exe crashes when opening the utiliy (v2.3.19).
I could fix it by disabling all the other NICs (22 adapters and 10 teams).
Would be nice if this issue would be fixed by Netgear...

Toni

Message 28 of 29
NRGfxIT
Guide

Re: Prosafe Plus Configuration Utility - HTTP request error

Having worked through this post this is an issue that appears to have been running for over 5 years and still remains a burden to customers. The ProSafe Plus Utility is an embarrassing state of affairs for a company that prides itself on being a Network device provider. 

Having had to install the Utility on 5 machines (All attached to the switch itself, firewalls and AV disabled, even tried compatibility modes) before getting it to work:

• Win 10 Ent & Pro
  • Win Srv 2012
  • Win Srv 2012 R2
  • Win 8.1

It worked on just one (Win Srv 2012), and then stopped the second time I tried to use it the next day! This did follow an Adobe Air upgrade which I note some users suspect as an issue and probably is knowing Adobe Dev product too well. As for other issues users report ie: ICS etc none have made any difference.

Trying to resort to the Web interface as recommended by one user proves futile as browsing to the IP renders NOTHING. I cannot find any information on this to check if it runs on a non-standard port. Ideas???

The joke is that I have just installed it on another machine, just running the install and nothing else ie: without the recommended Microsoft Redistributable components and it works …. For now.

I would be embarrassed to put this on eBay and resign some poor user to this buggy and laborious equipment.

UPDATE

Just to torment myself I decided to go back to the machine (Clean Build Win 2012 R2) I have the Utility running on and update Adobe Air. Guess what? The Utility now throws its HTTP error and I can no longer connect to the Switch.

I do not know where vendors get off thinking it is acceptable for their customers to do the de-bugging of their product.

So I then rip it all out – Utility, WinPCap, Adobe Air, do a reboot, and then a reinstall of the Utility with its default dependencies and it works again.

Netgear, go away and update your out of date code and give everyone on this thread a refund for wasting their time due to your negligence sweating outdated product.

For now, I have hardware dependent on a Utility that is not compliant with our security posture that demands Adobe Air be patched for valid security reasons as it is full of security holes. This renders Netgear hardware NOT FIT FOR PURPOUS in a modern network environment.

I feel sorry for the moderators who have to support and defend such poor product.

Model: GS108Tv2|ProSafe 8 ports gigabit smart switch
Message 29 of 29
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 28 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 14 in conversation
Announcements