× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Prosafe Plus GS116Ev2 VLAN trunking

manlymanagement
Follower

Prosafe Plus GS116Ev2 VLAN trunking

Hi, I would really appreciate help finding the name for the feature and where I can read regarding configuration.

I require to set up VLAN trunking, forwarding the tag from source to destination and not removing.

http://www.ciscopress.com/articles/article.asp?p=29803&seqNum=3

Is this done by adding multiple VLAN membership to a single port? Is this feature availalbe?

Thanks again for your help.

Model: GS116Ev2|ProSAFE Plus 16-port Gigabit Switch
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
XavierLL
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Kc1

You have to first configure the Switch to use 802.1Q Advanced VLAN, once you do this you should be able to see the Untag and Tag

vlan_tagging.png

Regards

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
XavierLL
NETGEAR Employee Retired

HI Manlymanagement,

Welcome to our community!

To set up a VLAN trunking in our GS116E you are right you have to add the VLANs to VLAN Membership, please find below the three steps required:

1. Create the VLANs
  2. Use VLAN Memberships to add the VLANs to the Trunk Port ( you have to mark them with T)
  3. Check that the PVID for the trunk port is 1 ( this is the native VLAN)

Moreover see an example in the following link

Hope that it helps.

Xavier Lleixa

NETGEAR CBU PLM

Message 2 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@XavierLL in the link that you gave, the example shows Tagging the connection/'trunk' between the 2 switches.  However, Prosafe Plus GS116Ev2 firmware does not seem to support marking ports as tagged or untagged, nor is there any way to set the PVID

...or am I missing something?

Message 3 of 5
XavierLL
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Kc1

You have to first configure the Switch to use 802.1Q Advanced VLAN, once you do this you should be able to see the Untag and Tag

vlan_tagging.png

Regards

Message 4 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks - the usability of the software on the new models caught me out - it's not obvious what you can select and what which state anything is in

https://s23.postimg.org/4b516ruxn/Clipboard01.jpg

It's not obvious [to me] which of these is selected / selectable, but knowing the function is there thanks to you, helped me sort it out

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements