× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RMA update?

phntp
Follower

RMA update?

What is going on with Netgear support?  I usually don't have many problems with Netgear products or support but the last year has been terrible.  I had an 8 month old switch fail a week ago.  After many wasted minutes attempting to find their chat I gave up and found a phone number.  I waited almost 90 min to speak to someone who fist scolded me for calling instead of using chat, then took 30-40 min to get the replacement approved. The RMA with NBD replacement was approved a week ago but case is now closed with no update and no method to contact them.  

Model: GS752TPS(B)|ProSAFE 48-Port Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch with PoE and 4 SFP uplinks
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@phntp,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

I inquired your concern to the NETGEAR Support Team and found out that you are referring to your case # 41506589 that was closed a few days ago. An RMA online (RMA # 3494552) was approved and an e-mail was sent to your e-mail address that is registered to your MyNETGEAR account for you to process the online replacement. I believe you should be told about the what-to-do by the time your RMA# was provided.
If not, please read the next paragraph.

Kindly check the inbox of your e-mail address that is registered to your MyNETGEAR account and process it. Be sure to select the option that says "Advance Next Business Day for contracted customers (WW). Be reminded that credit card details will be required as collateral only (no charge). NETGEAR will send you the replacement switch. Along with the replacement switch, a prepaid shipping label will be included. After you received the replacement switch, be sure to return the faulty unit back to NETGEAR using the shipping label.

Furthermore, after you have process the online replacement, you can track your RMA on the link below:

Check your RMA status online

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

@phntp wrote:

I usually don't have many problems with Netgear products or support but the last year has been terrible.  I had an 8 month old switch fail a week ago.  After many wasted minutes attempting to find their chat I gave up and found a phone number.  I waited almost 90 min to speak to someone ...  

Either use the https://netgear.com/support ... select your product ... and follow [Guided Support] which will give you some options and request some information. Alternate approach is using https://my.netgear.com/ -> My Support -> Contact Support.  ... does take a few minutes. 

@phntp wrote:

...who fist scolded me for calling instead of using chat, then took 30-40 min to get the replacement approved. The RMA with NBD replacement was approved a week ago but case is now closed with no update and no method to contact them.  

Regardless, you should get the information required (e.g. tracking) in your Email inbox. Netgear does close the ticket once the replacement product serial number is updated on your account and the device is shipped. 

A moderator like @Christian_R can assist usually.

Message 2 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@phntp,

Welcome to the community! 🙂

I inquired your concern to the NETGEAR Support Team and found out that you are referring to your case # 41506589 that was closed a few days ago. An RMA online (RMA # 3494552) was approved and an e-mail was sent to your e-mail address that is registered to your MyNETGEAR account for you to process the online replacement. I believe you should be told about the what-to-do by the time your RMA# was provided.
If not, please read the next paragraph.

Kindly check the inbox of your e-mail address that is registered to your MyNETGEAR account and process it. Be sure to select the option that says "Advance Next Business Day for contracted customers (WW). Be reminded that credit card details will be required as collateral only (no charge). NETGEAR will send you the replacement switch. Along with the replacement switch, a prepaid shipping label will be included. After you received the replacement switch, be sure to return the faulty unit back to NETGEAR using the shipping label.

Furthermore, after you have process the online replacement, you can track your RMA on the link below:

Check your RMA status online

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements