× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Request Letter of Volatility

4gs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Request Letter of Volatility

would you please supply a letter of volatility for GS524TNA switch.  Thank you in advance.

Model: GS524T|24 PORT 100/1000 Mbps Copper Gigabit Switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Request Letter of Volatility

Hi 4gs,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

I believe you are referring to JGS524NA. Here is the letter of volatility for the said switch. No password needed and the link will expire after 48 hour period.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi 4gs,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

I believe you are referring to JGS524NA. Here is the letter of volatility for the said switch. No password needed and the link will expire after 48 hour period.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
4gs
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the quick response to my request.  I have additional followup questiions. 

The model covered is JGS524.  Are they all the same i.e. JGS524E, JGS524T, JGS524TNA. If not, may I also get a copy for the other models listed?

I also have a unit that doesn't start with a J, but that doesn't seem to be covered ie GS524T

When you state that non-volatile memory is not user modifiable, do you mean it is not accessible to the user?

Model: GS524T|24-port 100/1000 Mbps Copper Gigabit Switch
Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

No, not the same model, but very similar:

• JGS524 is a non-managed switch
  • JGS524T or JGS524TNA not exist (where the NA postfix - newer devices use -[vvv]NAS -[vvv]EUS -[vvv]APS ... - is a packaging information ref. power supply, paperwork, not part of a model.
  • GS524T is an non-managed switch (with a confusing T postfix, used for Smart Managed Pro switches on newer models)

@4gs wrote:

When you state that non-volatile memory is not user modifiable, do you mean it is not accessible to the user?

Correct. Even non-managed switches contain software/firmware and configuration data. This is stored along with the manufacturing process, can't be accessed or updated by the user, and does not store any location/site/user information which might have to be erased before a device is decommissioned/sold/scrapped. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements