× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

S3300 Stacking with Cat6

bnjroos
Aspirant

S3300 Stacking with Cat6

Hello everybody,

I want to stack 6 * GS728TX switches, distance in between switches:

• 1-2 is 9 meters
  • 2-3 is 9 meters
  • 3-4 is 9 meters
  • 4-5 is 9 meters
  • 5-6 is 9 meters
  • 6-1 is 30 meters

Do you thing I can use Cat6 UTP cables to do the stacking without any issues ?

I know that Cat6A is recommended for 10GBase-T but I have available Cat6 in stock.

Thank you in advance,

Bnjroos

Model: S3300-28X (GS728TX)|ProSAFE 24-port Stackable Smart Switches
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
bnjroos
Aspirant

Re: S3300 Stacking with Cat6

Thank you for your answer, yeah I know that. Anyway I'll stick to the manual recommandations to use Cat6a.

Cheers.

Bnjroos

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi bnjroos,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

Cat6 has maximum allowed length of up to 100 meters (328 ft). This consists of 90 meters (295 ft) of solid "horizontal" cabling between the patch panel and the wall jack, plus 5 meters (16 ft) of stranded patch cable between each jack and the attached device. You may still use the Cat6 for stacking as it still under the recommended distance.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
bnjroos
Aspirant

Thank you for your answer, yeah I know that. Anyway I'll stick to the manual recommandations to use Cat6a.

Cheers.

Bnjroos

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements