× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SFP+ RJ45

Picmention
Star

SFP+ RJ45

Hello,
I don't know if this is the right forum, but I wanted to buy a Synology DS2015xs NAS with two SFP+ Ports.

I found the Netgear ProSAFE AGM734 1x 1000Base-T Modul. I did't worked until now with SFP/SFP+ I inly use Netgear Switches with RJ45 cables. Can I use this modul with a non - Netgear - product like this NAS?

(a SFP+ Cable is no option, because I will ise this NAS as a dedicated external backup, so I had to plug and unplug the cable two times a week)

Thank you!
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: SFP+ RJ45

Hi Picmention,

As far as I know, the AGM734 is compatible with the SFP+ interfaces of XSM7224S as well as with the SFP interfaces of GSM7328FS.  About the compatibility with the Synology DS2015xs NAS, it may or may not work.  

Kindly check this link I found online and it might help.  Also, its best that you ask assistance from Synology about your concern.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Picmention,

As far as I know, the AGM734 is compatible with the SFP+ interfaces of XSM7224S as well as with the SFP interfaces of GSM7328FS.  About the compatibility with the Synology DS2015xs NAS, it may or may not work.  

Kindly check this link I found online and it might help.  Also, its best that you ask assistance from Synology about your concern.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Picmention,

I just want to follow-up on this.  Let us know if you have further questions. 

Otherwise, if ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 4
Picmention
Star

Hello,

in the end I decided to buy a Synology DS1817+ which has a 8x PCIe Port with 4x Lanes. This one is has the Intel x540-T2 on its compatibility List and we tested it now also with the Intel x540-T1. It works great with our 10 GbE Switches from Netgear over RJ45 cable. Thank you for your Support!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements