× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Smart Control Center

RugbyWreck
Aspirant

Smart Control Center

I'm getting the message "Polling for agent with no response" from the Netgear SmartControlCenter software when I start it up, no idea why? It worked fine on Friday last when I used it (5 days ago) but when I start it up this morning nothing but that message, I don't even get the "discover" button to try again? Nothing at all has changed on the network since last week so I don't know why this isn't working?

I've also got the Netgear ProSafe plus utility on my machine because we have several GS105PE's on the network and that works fine.

All the GS728TP's are up and running without issue and I can acess them all from my PC via a browser connection direct to their IP so I know they're set-up correctly and haven't changed since last week. It all seems very odd.

Any Ideas?

Model: GS728TP|ProSafe 24 ports PoE Smart switch with 8 PoE+ ports
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Smart Control Center

Hi RugbyWreck,

I suggest, re-install the Smart Control Center and try to disable the firewall of your PC. Please make sure that you are also using the latest version of the software.

Regards,

JohnCarloV

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi RugbyWreck,

I suggest, re-install the Smart Control Center and try to disable the firewall of your PC. Please make sure that you are also using the latest version of the software.

Regards,

JohnCarloV

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
RugbyWreck
Aspirant

Hi johnCarloV,

Thank you for the response, apologies for not replying sooner but I have been out of the office for a couple days. However, upon my return the issue I was having seems to have resolved itself which is odd? The SmartControlCenter is now resolving all of the switches in the network without any changes or updates as far as I can see so I no longer have an issue.

Regards,

Tom Burbury

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements