• 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Admin

Smart Managed Pro Switches with Insight Remote Management Support

Smart-Managed-On-Insight.png

Select Smart Managed Pro Switches Are Now Compatible with Insight Cloud Management

The GS728TPv2, GS728TPPv2, GS752TPv2, and GS752TPP Gigabit Ethernet Switches with PoE+ are now Cloud-enabled with NETGEAR Insight. NETGEAR extends its Cloud manageable family by enabling NETGEAR Insight Cloud management activation directly from these switches' Web GUI.

Simply download the latest firmware for these switches from netgear.com/support and update to get Insight Remote/Cloud management.

These existing 24-Port 1G and 48-Port 1G PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switches are ideal for high-density PoE installations ranging from 190W to 380W to 760W PoE budget, improved network security, power, and adaptability. These advanced features for connectivity and PoE can now be monitored and managed remotely through the Insight Portal and app. View all the Smart Pro Switches with Insight Management optionsNETGEAR.com/SmartProCloud

Smart Managed Pro Switches with Insight Support  
Model Description Insight Management Option
GS108Tv3 8-Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with Cloud Management X
GS110TPP 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 Copper Ports and Cloud Management (120W... X
GS110TPv3

8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports and Cloud Management (55W PoE...

X
GS728TPv2 24-Port Gigabit PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 SFP Ports (190W PoE Budget) X
GS728TPPv2 24-Port Gigabit PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 SFP Ports (380W PoE Budget) X
GS752TPv2 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 SFP Ports (380W PoE Budget) X
GS752TPP 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 4 SFP Ports (760W PoE Budget) X

New for Insight: GS110TPP - 8-Port PoE Gigabit PoE Switch

The NETGEAR GS110TPP 8-Port PoE Gigabit Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 Gigabit uplinks and 120W PoE budget gives high-speed connectivity and power for wireless converged networks, IP surveillance, and mobility. This switch also comes with Insight Remote/Cloud Management capability and NETGEAR FlexPoE upgradeable power budget — up to 190W PoE powerGS110TPP.png

Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
Message 1 of 13

Betreff: Smart Managed Pro Switches with Insight Remote Management Support

I have a Rackmount GS728TPv2 which is Insight managed and I need another small PoE switch (8-16 ports) with the same features.

Now, the GS110TPP isn't Rackmount and the GS510TPP looks fine but is not in your insight list. Having one Insight and one local doesn't make sense.

I've been checking through the selector but couldn't find more than those. Can we expect to get the 510 Insight managed shortly? 

Model: GS110TPP|8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Ethernet Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 Copper Ports and Cloud Management
Message 2 of 13
Highlighted
Guru

Thomas,

Check out the GC510PP - it's available for a longer time already, this is the Insight manageable brother of the GS510TPP. Price might be a little bit lower - because of the "just" 5 years instead of the full lifetime warranty.

Grüsse,
-Kurt

Message 3 of 13
Highlighted

I've seen that series; problem is that the power supply is - for me - on the wrong side. 

GS110 series has no rackmount and no PoE+ whereas GS510 power cable is too close to the front panel. Get's pressed every time when moving the rack door (and looks creepy on top of that).

That's why I wrote I need a GS728 style.

Message 4 of 13
Highlighted
Guru

@ThomasNanninga wrote:

... whereas GS510 power cable is too close to the front panel. Get's pressed every time when moving the rack door (and looks creepy on top of that).

GC510 you talk of now? Use a €2.50 power cord with an angulated C13 plug - this does not take more space than a good CAT7 RJ45 patch cable. Problem solved.

angulated C13.PNG

If you think that's creepy - I've argued the same with Netgear when the GC510 models were released - check the BR200 for it's rack mount option, the connectors, and the LED 8-)

Message 5 of 13
Highlighted

Thanks for ideas, sure that will work but in the end that are individual decisions.  ;-)  I own a BR500 by the way - don't like then case style but need the VPN.

My initial question to Netgear was if they will bring more of the Smart Pros into Insight management? If hardware comes with sufficient CPU/Memory this is a matter of software update.

Message 6 of 13
Highlighted
Guru

@ThomasNanninga wrote:

My initial question to Netgear was if they will bring more of the Smart Pros into Insight management? If hardware comes with sufficient CPU/Memory this is a matter of software update.

Can't see why they should add for example the GS510TPP considering the GC510PP covers the very similar feature set. Clearly missing are 10G switches like the XS728T/XS748T, and even more some with a better mix of SFP+ and copper eg. something with 8Fx8C, 12Fx12C for example for Insight managed 10G core.

I'm concerned that Netgear will - or already does - strip features (e.g. the Netgear proprietary powerful SNMP MIB support) on new Pro switches in general, and in favour of adding Insight support.

@YeZ might have some information on our ideas and concerns.

Message 7 of 13
Highlighted

If would be nice to hear from BretD who has made the inital anouncement.

He should have contact to the product line managers and their roadmap.

Message 8 of 13
Highlighted
Admin

Hi Netgear Business followers.

I'll float this topic up to the Product Line Managers in the Smart Switches line. Smiley Happy

-Bret

Please click KUDOS or REPLY If you found this helpful.
Message 9 of 13
Highlighted
NETGEAR Expert

Thank you all for the discussion on the value and desire for Insight remote management, maintenance, and monitoring on more Smart Managed Pro switches from NETGEAR's exhaustive portfolio of products. While we can't comment on future products, features, etc for legal and SEC reasons, what I can say is that NETGEAR firmly believes in the strong customer value in the Insight solution and the ability to manage, monitor, and maintain YOUR network anytime, anywhere. We also feel that this is the future of all Smart Managed switching, and are committed to leading the industry in that future, just as we did when we created Smart Managed switching originally. We will continue to develop our portfolio of Insight-manageable devices moving forward, as we have since the initial releases in 2017. As was mentioned, we do have two rack-mountable 10-port PoE+ Insight-manageable switches in our portfolio, the GC510P (134W PoE budget, fanless, desktop/wallmount/rackmount) and the GC510PP (190W PoE budget, whisper-quiet fan, desktop/wallmount/rackmount). Both of these switches where designed to be able to be rackmounted with either all ports and power facing forward or rearward, which is why there are additional system status LEDs on the "front" of the switch (when desktop deployed). Additionally, all connections were put on the same side to allow for TWO of these switches to be mounted within the same rack slot if desired (one facing ports forward, one facing ports backward) to optimize rack space usage when mounting a smaller port-count switch. We appreciate however, that everyone has their own preference for the orientation and location of ports vs. power, and understand that this may not be the solution for you, so stay tuned.
Message 10 of 13
Highlighted
Guru

Bradley @bradleyv ,

Can you please look into the massively different SNMP profiles in place on the "newer" router models - especially ref. the "lost" Netgear private MIB features please?

Message 11 of 13
Highlighted

Meanwhile I ordered a XS716T 10G switch and rearranged the network a little. Since the last Insight update the GS728TP is fully manageable while I can't even see the XS716 (latest firmware update, no improvement). Even thought both switches are in the same product category.

Any idea (other than waiting and hope)? 

Insight GS728TP.jpg

Insight XS716T.jpg

Message 12 of 13
Highlighted
Guru

The fact that these GS and XS switches are offered in the Smart Managed Pro product line does not imply that all can and will get Insight management capability. To my knowledge, there is no annoucement for the 10G switches to line-up to join the Smart Managed Pro Switch with Cloud Management yet. 

Message 13 of 13