× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Stacking on S3300

JackWagon
Aspirant

Stacking on S3300

I've been reading as much documentation as I can find, but I just can seem to get stacking to work.  The Hardware Installation document states that stacking will automatically configure itself, but it doesn't seem to be working for me.  I have two S3300 switches connected to each other over two 10Gbase-T connections.  Both connections are up and stable showing no errors and traffic can pass across the switches.  However, I can never see the other switch when I'm looking at the stack configuration.  Can someone point me in a direction as to where I need to look?

Model: S3300-28X (GS728TX)|ProSAFE 24-port Stackable Smart Switches
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JackWagon
Aspirant

Re: Stacking on S3300

Nevermind.  I just upgraded the firmware to 6.6.1.7 and it automagically started working.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JackWagon
Aspirant

Nevermind.  I just upgraded the firmware to 6.6.1.7 and it automagically started working.

Message 2 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi JackWagon,

Welcome to the community!

Stacking will automatically configure itself as it will elect the management switch. Most likely once you plugged the all the switches, you might need to reboot them and have it upgraded to the latest firmware to avoid bugs.

Regards,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements