× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Switch blocks EAPol packets despite EAPol Flood

Steffi5
Aspirant

Switch blocks EAPol packets despite EAPol Flood

Hi,

I have a GS110TP without any special config connected to a managed Extreme Switch. I want to authenticate the clients behind the Netgear switch on the access port of the Extreme switch so I enabled eap flood mode on all ports. Unfortunately the EAPol packets from my client are not forwareded through the Netgear Switch. i can see them in a wireshark trace on my client, but not in port statistics on the Netgear nor on the Extreme Switch.

Tested on Firmware 5.4.2.27 and 5.4.2.30

I'm thankful for any hint I can get on this.

Model: GS110TP|ProSAFE 8-port Gigabit PoE Smart Switch
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Steffi5
Aspirant

Re: Switch blocks EAPol packets despite EAPol Flood

@JohnC_V

Thank you for the reply. Yes I know I set up Extreme Access Control based on a free radius Server.

I tested again yesterday after a reboot of the switch eapol flooding is now working. I thought just applying the new config would do the trick.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Steffi5,

Welcome to our community!

You may try enabling the EAPol flood mode on the GS110TP as it is disabled by default. Please check the manual here(page 5-25).

Regards,

Message 2 of 5
Steffi5
Aspirant

Hi JohnCarloV,

thank you for the reply.

EAPol flood mode is enabled, sorry if that wasn't clear in my first post. That's why i'm so confused.

Regards,

Steffi

Message 3 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Steffi5,

802.1X-based authentication requires a RADIUS server for it to work on your network. An external RADIUS server performs the authentication. When a visitor is successfully authenticated, traffic is automatically assigned to the guest VLAN.

Please check this article.

Regards,

Message 4 of 5
Steffi5
Aspirant

@JohnC_V

Thank you for the reply. Yes I know I set up Extreme Access Control based on a free radius Server.

I tested again yesterday after a reboot of the switch eapol flooding is now working. I thought just applying the new config would do the trick.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements