× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Switch shows wrong Firmware

doctor15
Aspirant

Switch shows wrong Firmware

I bought a used JGS516PE.  Plugged it in and all worked fine.  Outisde looks like the typical picktures I see of JGS516PE and show that model number both on the front and sticker on the bottom.

However when I login to the switch, the firmware shows "GS108Ev3" and I can only see 8 of 16 ports.  I know only 8 ports or POE, but I assume I should be able to apply VLAN settings to all 16 ports?

I tried installing the correct firmware via HTTP Web UI, but I get a message "Firmware is invalid".

Any idea how this might have happened and if it can be salvaged?  Are there alternative ways to force a firmware update?

See below image of what I currently see when I login to Web UI

FirmwareFirmware

Model: JGS516PE|ProSafe Plus 16 ports switch with PoE
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
doctor15
Aspirant

Re: Switch shows wrong Firmware

So this is embarresing but turns out I had a 2nd ProSafe switch on my network that I didn't realize was managed / web accessible, and was accidentally connecting to that model instead.

Please delete / ignore this topic

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
doctor15
Aspirant

Re: Switch shows wrong Firmware

So this is embarresing but turns out I had a 2nd ProSafe switch on my network that I didn't realize was managed / web accessible, and was accidentally connecting to that model instead.

Please delete / ignore this topic

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements