× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Switches in the stack. There is no Agent in the Host switch.

Tomasz_FLX
Aspirant

Switches in the stack. There is no Agent in the Host switch.

Hello everyone

I have this situation.

I have two switches stacked and connected with an AGC761 cable. Unit1 is GS752 and unit2 is GS728. Switches are also connected by a pachycord on ports 1. This connection is active. Both switches work.
The problem I noticed was:
- no active link on ports where the stack cable is plugged in.
- in unit1 (master) I do not see a second switch (slave) in the stack configuration.
Is the stack really not working? The unit1 display shows ID1 and the unit2 shows: active Stack / Master and ID2.
Is the connection between the switches via a pachkord on ports 1?
How do you restore the correct stack configuration? Is a restart enough?
Thanks for the suggestion.
Greetings
Tomek

Editor: Edited for Clarity

Model: GS752TS(B)|ProSAFE 48-Port Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch with 4 SFP uplinks, AGC761|1m SFP 1G/2.5G Direct Attach Cable, GS728TS(B)|ProSAFE 24-Port Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch with 4 SFP uplinks
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Switches in the stack. There is no slave in the master switch.

@Tomasz_FLX,

If you want to reconnect the stack, it is recommended to reboot all switches on a stack in order for it to elect its Master. Please make sure that the ports are assigned as Stack and not Ethernet.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Switches in the stack. There is no slave in the master switch.

@Tomasz_FLX,

If you want to reconnect the stack, it is recommended to reboot all switches on a stack in order for it to elect its Master. Please make sure that the ports are assigned as Stack and not Ethernet.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements