× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Thread not showing up / 404 without login

tempaccount
Tutor

Thread not showing up / 404 without login

Hi,

few weeks ago i've created the following thread:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Smart-Plus-Click-Switches/Bug-on-cable-test-quot-Short-Circuit-quot...

When opening the link without a login a "The topic you are trying to access is not available." is showing up.

In the meantime i had also contacted the Netgear support for my initial issue where the responsible person also wasn't able to open up the thread. Still i would like to know why a posted thread doesn't show up / isn't available without showing ANY reason about that.

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Thread not showing up / 404 without login

@tempaccount,

You may create a new post instead.  Also, I checked with NETGEAR Support about your online case and found out that it is to be escalated to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support for as long as you complete the details needed for escalation.  These details are needed for further investigation of the engineering team.  

For me, if ever you create a new post with regard to your concern, I suggest you to still continue with your online case with NETGEAR Support.  It is because there will be a time that all of the troubleshooting steps suggested here in the community would be all exhausted and in the end you will be recommended to contact NETGEAR Support.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 12

All Replies
tempaccount
Tutor

Strange enough this thread here is showing up just fine when opening it without being logged in. Bug in the forum software? Spam mechanism for a first created post?

Message 2 of 12
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @tempaccount,

It is possible that your post has been moved to Spam.  I check with NETGEAR Support and found out that you have an existing online case with them which it seemed to be related to the post that was moved to Spam.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community TEam

Message 3 of 12
schumaku
Guru

@DaneA ...if a post is moved to the more appropriae forum arey, like from "Managed Switches" to "Smart / Plus / Click Switches", is the old URL retained with a http code 301 or 302?

Message 4 of 12
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@schumaku,

I am not familiar about the http code you are referring to.  I have moved a forum thread  just a while ago and the link has changed which indicates that it has been moved to the appropriate community board. 

Example: 

From: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Managed-Switches/problems-when-connecting-GS724Tv3-and-GS724Tv4-usi...

To: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Smart-Plus-Click-Switches/problems-when-connecting-GS724Tv3-and-GS7...

From the example above, notice that the part that says 'Managed Switches' on the link was changed to 'Smart-Plus-Click-Switches.' 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 12
schumaku
Guru

Excellent example @DaneA - exactly the behavior I would expect, the original link does remain valid, redirecting to the new location. Thank you!

Message 6 of 12
tempaccount
Tutor

Hey @DaneA,

thanks for the explanation on this topic. Are there any changes to get the topic moved back out of the spam?

I'm asking this because i currently can't spent more time into debugging that issue together with the support as they require to do some TeamViewer sessions and Port Mirroring sniffing. But i don't want to have the information i have collected so far get lost and have it visible for the whole community.

Thanks

Message 7 of 12
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@tempaccount,

You may create a new post instead.  Also, I checked with NETGEAR Support about your online case and found out that it is to be escalated to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support for as long as you complete the details needed for escalation.  These details are needed for further investigation of the engineering team.  

For me, if ever you create a new post with regard to your concern, I suggest you to still continue with your online case with NETGEAR Support.  It is because there will be a time that all of the troubleshooting steps suggested here in the community would be all exhausted and in the end you will be recommended to contact NETGEAR Support.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 8 of 12
tempaccount
Tutor

Hey,

and thanks again for your reply.

Unfortunately i'm not able to fulfill the requirements to escalate this to a higher level due to various reasons as explained above.

The goal of re-posting is not to get support by the community but to make sure the info i have collected so far doesn't get lost in the void and some one else facing similar issues could use it directly.

Thanks again.

Message 9 of 12
tempaccount
Tutor

And the re-post got moved to spam as well as it is again not available anymore:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Smart-Plus-Click-Switches/Re-post-Bug-on-cable-test-quot-Short-Circ...

If the forum software behaves like this it will get quite hard to post questions / issues.

Message 10 of 12
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@tempaccount,

I just checked your post and I am able to view it here in the community.  Kindly check it again.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 11 of 12
tempaccount
Tutor

Hey,

thanks again. Yes, now it seems its available again.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements