× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

URGENT/11 and Netgear Switches

Varatex
Aspirant

URGENT/11 and Netgear Switches

Hey everybody,

Does anyone know if Netgear uses VxWorks on their switches?  A quick Google search makes it sound like they've at least used it in the past for some of their equipment.  I was hoping to understand if this was standard or not and if VxWorks is implemented, could a Netgear rep tell us when we will expect to see patches for the Urgent/11 volnerabilities that were disclosed just a few days ago?

Thank you!

Model: FS728TPv1|28-Port 10/100 Fast Ethernet PoE Smart Managed Pro Switch with 24 PoE Ports, GS724TPv2|24-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports, JGS524E|ProSafe Plus 24 ports gigabit switch, JGS524Ev2|ProSafe Plus 24 ports gigabits switch
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: URGENT/11 and Netgear Switches

@Varatex,

NETGEAR constantly monitors for both known and unknown threats. Being pro-active rather than re-active to emerging security issues is fundamental for product support at NETGEAR. 

Kindly check the link below for upcoming updates: 

NETGEAR Product Security Advisory

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Varatex,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Does anyone know if Netgear uses VxWorks on their switches? 

Can you provide a specific NETGEAR switch model/series that you are referring to then I will inquire it to the higher tier of NETGEAR Support.  I'll post here once I got a feedback. 

I was hoping to understand if this was standard or not and if VxWorks is implemented, could a Netgear rep tell us when we will expect to see patches for the Urgent/11 volnerabilities that were disclosed just a few days ago?

Were you able to check if your NETGEAR device/s are affected by the Urgent/11 vulnerability?  If yes, what test/s did you perform that shows that the NETGEAR device/s you have are affected by the Urgent/11 vulnerability? 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
Varatex
Aspirant

Hi DaneA!  Glad to be here

I put the models we have in the original post, see below:

Model: FS728TPv1|28-Port 10/100 Fast Ethernet PoE Smart Managed Pro Switch with 24 PoE Ports, GS724TPv2|24-Port Gigabit Ethernet PoE+ Smart Managed Pro Switch with 2 SFP Ports, JGS524E|ProSafe Plus 24 ports gigabit switch, JGS524Ev2|ProSafe Plus 24 ports gigabits switc, GS324

I haven't been able to test since I'm not too sure how.  I was going to assume they are affected if they use VxWorks but I was hoping to get some sort of confirmation from Netgear.

Thanks for your help!

Message 3 of 6
Varatex
Aspirant

Hi everyone,

Just following up on this topic.  It's important.

Thank you,

Message 4 of 6
Varatex
Aspirant

Hi all,

Just looking for some very valuable answers... please advise.

Message 5 of 6
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Varatex,

NETGEAR constantly monitors for both known and unknown threats. Being pro-active rather than re-active to emerging security issues is fundamental for product support at NETGEAR. 

Kindly check the link below for upcoming updates: 

NETGEAR Product Security Advisory

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements