× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to connect to gs716tv3 switch

fromnaija
Aspirant

Unable to connect to gs716tv3 switch

I am not able to connect to the switch through the web GUI. I downloaded and installed Smart Control Center as well asProsafe Plus Utility. These did not work as well. I have reset to factory default but yet unable to connect to the switch.

Last thing I did was upgrade the firmware to 6.3.1.16 and then tried to create a VLAN. Thereafter I lost all connectivity to the switch.

Model: GS716Tv3|ProSAFE 16-port Gigabit Smart Switch
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
fromnaija
Aspirant

Re: Unable to connect to gs716tv3 switch

After banging my heads for several hours, I found out I was pressing the reset button and not the factory reset button. I didn't know there were two different holes you could poke and I was working in a dark room.

Everything worked as designed after a proper factory reset. Thank you!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi fromnaija,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Since you have already factory reset the GS716Tv3 switch, kindly try the steps below:

1. Disconnect the GS716Tv3 switch from the existing network.  

2. Connect a PC directly to a LAN port of the GS716Tv3 switch.  Set a static IP address of 192.168.0.210 on it.

3. Open a browser like Google Chrome or Firefox then at the address bar of it, type 192.168.0.239 then press Enter. Login to the user interface of switch. Enter "admin" as the username and "password" as the password.

Note: The default IP address of GS716Tv3 is 192.168.0.239. 

Note: Try also to use the Smart Control Center Utility and check if the GS716Tv3 will be detected as well as if you could manage it. 

Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Were you able to login to the web-GUI of the GS716Tv3 switch?

b. What is the behavior of the LED lights on the GS716Tv3 switch?

c. Is the GS716Tv3 switch detected on the Smart Control Center Utility? 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
fromnaija
Aspirant

After banging my heads for several hours, I found out I was pressing the reset button and not the factory reset button. I didn't know there were two different holes you could poke and I was working in a dark room.

Everything worked as designed after a proper factory reset. Thank you!

Message 3 of 4
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi fromnaija,

You're welcome! 🙂  I'm glad to know that everything is working fine after doing a factory reset.

Feel free to post your future concerns here in the community.

Happy Holidays!

Cheers,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements