× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Upgrading firmware using smart control center

tantony
Luminary

Upgrading firmware using smart control center

I'm trying to upgrade my XS716T from 6.6.1.7 to 6.6.3.3 following the link below.  When I go to the task bar of the smart control center, it says "Successfully completed", but when I log into the switch, I'm still showing the firmware as 6.6.1.7.  I even tried restarting the switch.

I also tried one more time to make sure.

https://kb.netgear.com/24699/How-do-I-use-the-Smart-Control-Center-to-upgrade-the-firmware-of-a-smar...2.JPG1.JPG

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
tantony
Luminary

Nevermind, figured it out.  Feels silly I didn't do this, but I didn't unzip the folder.  But for some reason, the smart control center says "successful" so it it misleading.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
tantony
Luminary

Anyone?  Is there a way to upgrade firmware from the web gui?

Message 2 of 4
tantony
Luminary

Nevermind, figured it out.  Feels silly I didn't do this, but I didn't unzip the folder.  But for some reason, the smart control center says "successful" so it it misleading.

Message 3 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi tantony,

Thank you for sharing your solution here in our community! 🙂 You really need to unzip the folder and upload only the firmware file in order for you to upgrade it.

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements