× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Using command line to control internet access on each device port

bjmango
Aspirant

Using command line to control internet access on each device port

I am looking for a network device. It should allow me to use command line (telnet) to control the internet access per each swither port. 

Which model network device could fit my needs? Will GS108Tv2 work for me?  Thanks.

Model: GS108Tv2|ProSAFE 8-port Gigabit Smart Switch
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Using command line to control internet access on each device port

Hi @bjmango,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy 

The GS108Tv2 does not support command line interface (CLI) commands.  It supports ACL (Access Control List)  wherein you can allow or deny access such as HTTP or FTP.  Kindly access the article below:

What are Access Control Lists (ACLs) and how do they work with my managed switch?

Since you want to use command line interface (CLI) commands, I suggest you check the NETGEAR Fully Managed Switch models on the link below. The NETGEAR Fully Managed Switch models also support ACL.

NETGEAR Fully Managed Switches

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Using command line to control internet access on each device port

Hi @bjmango,

Welcome to the community! Smiley Happy 

The GS108Tv2 does not support command line interface (CLI) commands.  It supports ACL (Access Control List)  wherein you can allow or deny access such as HTTP or FTP.  Kindly access the article below:

What are Access Control Lists (ACLs) and how do they work with my managed switch?

Since you want to use command line interface (CLI) commands, I suggest you check the NETGEAR Fully Managed Switch models on the link below. The NETGEAR Fully Managed Switch models also support ACL.

NETGEAR Fully Managed Switches

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements