× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VLAN 1 not editable?

tantony
Luminary

VLAN 1 not editable?

I have a GS724T, V5.2.0.11.  I'm trying to remove VLAN 1, and it says "VLAN  1 not editable".  I was able to remove VLAN 1 from proSAFE XS716T and XS728T.

Any idea why?

Model: GS724TS|ProSafe Gigabit Stackable Smart switch|EOL
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: VLAN 1 not editable?

@tantony wrote:

Correct.  This switch does not show up in the SCC.  The ProSAFE switches does.  

ProSafe is or was just a marketing name for the Smart Managed Pro switch line - based on earlier posts these are XS7xxT, OK.

@tantony wrote:

I have a GS724T, V5.2.0.11.

Sorry, correction.  I have a GS724TPv2, and that one shows up in the SCC.  This switch is less than one month old.  

That GS724TPv2 is the new one you talked of, and theere is still a GS724T with a v5.2.0.11 firmware which can't be discovered by SCC? If yes, this switch requires an update. Still, best guess is that this was some factory firmware, I can't even find the .11 in the GS724T v3 (that's a hardware version - product designation sometjing like GS724T-300NAS) downloads.

GS716Tv2 & GS724Tv3 Firmware Version 5.0.2.14 dates from summer 2012... see https://www.netgear.com/support/product/GS724Tv3#download -> previous versions

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Very different switch generations.

Message 2 of 7
tantony
Luminary

Sorry not sure if I understand. Is it because it’s EOL? I have a new gs724 but it’s v4.
Message 3 of 7
tantony
Luminary

Is that the reason why its not showing up on the SmartControlCenter and the ProSAFE switches do?  All 3 switches are on the same subnet / VLAN.

Message 4 of 7
schumaku
Guru

@tantony wrote:

Is that the reason why its not showing up on the SmartControlCenter and the ProSAFE switches do?  All 3 switches are on the same subnet / VLAN.

Forget the marekting names - the GS724T (v3?) does not show up?

@tantony wrote:

This reads like a GS724T v3 model (v1 and v2 use much lover firmware series) - requiring an update https://www.netgear.com/support/product/GS724Tv3#download

Message 5 of 7
tantony
Luminary

Forget the marekting names - the GS724T (v3?) does not show up?

Sorry, correction.  I have a GS724TPv2, and that one shows up in the SCC.  This switch is less than one month old.  

Message 6 of 7
schumaku
Guru

@tantony wrote:

ProSafe is or was just a marketing name for the Smart Managed Pro switch line - based on earlier posts these are XS7xxT, OK.

@tantony wrote:

That GS724TPv2 is the new one you talked of, and theere is still a GS724T with a v5.2.0.11 firmware which can't be discovered by SCC? If yes, this switch requires an update. Still, best guess is that this was some factory firmware, I can't even find the .11 in the GS724T v3 (that's a hardware version - product designation sometjing like GS724T-300NAS) downloads.

GS716Tv2 & GS724Tv3 Firmware Version 5.0.2.14 dates from summer 2012... see https://www.netgear.com/support/product/GS724Tv3#download -> previous versions

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements