× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VLAN between FVS336Gv3 and GS724TV4

chosegu
Aspirant

VLAN between FVS336Gv3 and GS724TV4

I am new to VLANs, bought 2 NETGEAR ProSafe Gigabit Dual WAN SSL VPN Firewall FVS336Gv3 and 1 GS724Tv4 – ProSAFE 24-port Gigabit Smart Switch, idea is to break the network into multiple VLANs, each having its own Firewall, and also acting as a DHCP server.

I set up VLAN 10 on switch, assigning port 19 to 24, created VLAN 20 assigning port 14 to 18.

Remove these port from Default VLAN.

Configured DHCP on FW1, create VLAN 10 on FW1 assign port 3 and 4, connect port 3 to port 24 on the switch.

Configured DHCP on FW2, create VLAN 20 on FW2 assign port 3 and 4, connect port 3 to port 18 on the switch.

Clients not getting DHCP addresses on either VLANs. Though receive addresses if I connect a laptop on port 4 in either of the firewalls.

What was it I am doing wrong? Please help.

Regards.

Model: GS724Tv4|ProSAFE 24-port Gigabit Smart Switch
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
chosegu
Aspirant

Re: VLAN between FVS336Gv3 and GS724TV4

I think I found the cause. Whenever I connect GS724TV4 with a DLink Layer2 switch things get hanged. If I disconnect it comes back to normal, maybe some sort of firmware bug.

I am closing this topic now.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
Carl_z
NETGEAR Expert

Hi chosegu,

Welcome to the community!

Can you help to check port pvid on GS724Tv4 from "Switching/Vlan/Port PVID Configuration". By default all ports pvid is 1.

In your scenario

For port 19 to 24 it should be 10

For port 14 to 18 it should be 20.

Hope it helps

Regards

Carl

Netgear Employee

Message 2 of 5
chosegu
Aspirant

No luck so far, please refer to the screenshots below:Untitled1.pngUntitled2.pngUntitled3.pngUntitled4.pngUntitled5.pngUntitled6.png

Message 3 of 5
Carl_z
NETGEAR Expert

Hi chosegu,

As you saied ,a laptop on port 4  can get a ip address. 

FW port 4 default vlan is "default"  (vlan 1).

So, I think your dhcp server work in vlan 1 . it it right ?

But switch port 18 is tagged in vlan 20 , that means all traffic from switch would go into vlan 20.  So client can't get ip address, since the server work in vlan 1.

Sugggestions:

1.Change switch port 18 to untag.

2.Change FW port 3 default vlan to Default (vlan 1)

Best Regards

Carl

Message 4 of 5
chosegu
Aspirant

I think I found the cause. Whenever I connect GS724TV4 with a DLink Layer2 switch things get hanged. If I disconnect it comes back to normal, maybe some sort of firmware bug.

I am closing this topic now.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements