VLAN between GS108Ev3 and Cisco 2960 switch
I bought GS108Ev3 since I need to setup a new voice vlan 105 for some users that have a Polycom VVX300 phones and a pc on existing VLAN 102 (LAN).
Current - unmanaged switch setup
- each pc is connected to a port on the unmanaged 8 port switch
- each Polycom VVX300 phone is connected on same unmnaged 8 port switch
- unmanaged 8 port switch uplink port goes to our Cisco 2960 switch
- both Polycom VVX300 phone and pc use same LAN ip subnet now from the unmanaged switch
Cisco 2960 switch
- all the users ports already added confgured on VLAN 102 (LAN) and working
- VLAN 105 (voice) is already added but no ports assigned
proposed VLAN setup
- remove the unmanaged 8 port switch
- add and configure the GS108Ev3 switch for the pc's on port 1,2,3 on VLAN 102 (LAN)
- configure the GS108Ev3 switch for the Polycom VVX300 phones on port 4,5,6 on VLAN 105 (voice)
- setup pvid on GS108Ev3
- setup trunk and on port 8 on GS108Ev3 to the Cisco 2960
Re: VLAN between GS108Ev3 and Cisco 2960 switch
Welcome to our community
The steps that you defined are correct, I just suggest you to have a look into the following link that covers how to configure VLANs in our Web Managed Plus switches.
Hope that it helps!
NETGEAR CBU PLM