× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

VLAN on XS728T

cameron-minto
Aspirant

VLAN on XS728T

Hi all

I'm trying to setup what seemingly is a simple vlan on a XS728T however it is my first attempt. Im using the default VLAN 1 as one segregated network which runs several computers that have no need for an internet connection and operate on a static ip range using ports 1-16. However trying to setup the 2nd VLAN on ports 17-24 is working but can't get an internet connection through to these devices.

The way I'm doing this is leaving all ports untagged, however tagging the port that the internet connection is coming through on the smart switch. To be perfectly honest, I'm absolutely stumped at this stage and any help would be of great assistance. cheers. 

Model: XS728T|Prosafe 28 ports 10 Gigabit Smart Switch
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Hopchen
Prodigy

Re: VLAN on XS728T

Hi @cameron-minto

As I understand you need two VLANs.
- VLAN 1 separated and no need for Internet access.
- Another VLAN (I will call it VLAN 10) for other devices that need Internet access.

In this case, do as follows:
1. On the port that connects to your router, you Untag (U) for VLAN 10 and set a PVID of 10 on that port.
2. On the ports 17-24 you Untag (U) for VLAN 10 and set a PVID of 10 on those ports.

That should be it.

Cheers!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
Hopchen
Prodigy

Hi @cameron-minto

As I understand you need two VLANs.
- VLAN 1 separated and no need for Internet access.
- Another VLAN (I will call it VLAN 10) for other devices that need Internet access.

In this case, do as follows:
1. On the port that connects to your router, you Untag (U) for VLAN 10 and set a PVID of 10 on that port.
2. On the ports 17-24 you Untag (U) for VLAN 10 and set a PVID of 10 on those ports.

That should be it.

Cheers!

Message 2 of 5
cameron-minto
Aspirant

That has worked an absolute treat! Thank you so much!
Message 3 of 5
Hopchen
Prodigy

No problem at all. Happy to help 🙂

Please consider marking this thread as resolved. Cheers!

Message 4 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi cameron-minto,

Welcome to our community!

Credits to @Hopchen! I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements