× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Very hard to contact support

Aljst
Aspirant

Very hard to contact support

When I buy an Enterprise Class product, I expect to be able to speak to support in a reasonable amount of time without endless phone loops and hurdles to surpass.

In an Enterprise your product either works or it does not, waiting endlesly is not an option.

Not every situation is a fit for a cookie cutter phone menu.

I have been trying to contact support all day, and I am yet to speak to someone that can help or even speak to someone at all !

Waited on hold for hours, was transfered and dumped into the queue many times, I am at a loss.

Very frustrating, Netgear makes some descent Enterprise Class products at reasonable price, unfortunately a product is as good as its support, and in this regard Netgear seems to fail.

Model: RN2120v2|Readynas 2120v2 1U 4-Bay Diskless
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Aljst, 

Thank you for the follow up. Hopefully, the replacement unit will serve you well. If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
johngm
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Aljst,

I am sorry you had this experience.   I am not sure why you have not been able to get through to an agent after such a long time...based on our normal call statistics is should not have taken so long.   

As an alternative you may want to use our web support tools, log an issue on-line or engage with our chat support.   

John

Message 2 of 7
Aljst
Aspirant

Thank you fro your prompt response, unfortunately it does not help me, I still have a dead unit, not target for my backups and nowhere closer to a resolution.

Tried calling again and no human in sight.

What I mean that not every case is a cookie cutter solution for your process.

This specific unit was registerd by an employee that is no longer here.

Cannot setup a case if I can't register the unit (already registered), opening a case with this serial number is not allowed if I dont have the original email that it was registered under.

Cannot speak to anyone if I dont have a case.

Message 3 of 7
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Aljst, 

Please PM me some of the details of the registration, I can look it up using the serial number of the unit. Can you also give me your location and the phone number you dialed when you called in? 

Looking forward to your response. 

Thanks,

Message 4 of 7
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Aljst, 

I just like to follow up on this. Were you able to contact support? 

Thanks,

Message 5 of 7
Aljst
Aspirant

Thanks for the follow up.
Yes, I worked with support, and they handled the problem.
They were very helpful, and the NAS device is being exchanged under warranty.

I appreciate your help.

Thank you
Message 6 of 7
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Aljst, 

Thank you for the follow up. Hopefully, the replacement unit will serve you well. If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements