× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XS728T - Archive/Config file upload: How to find file path for USB drive connected to front panel?

Victor-R
Aspirant

XS728T - Archive/Config file upload: How to find file path for USB drive connected to front panel?

XS728T ProSAFE 28-Port 10-Gigabit L2+ Smart Switch

Software Version: 6.5.1.30
Boot Version: 1.0.0.0

Our XS728T is being replaced under warranty. I want to export the Archive/Text config files, so I don't have to rebuild all the LAGGS, etc on it with the new switch. 

I have plugged a USB drive into the front panel. But, have no idea how to find out what the file path is to use in the Maintenance>USB File Upload>File Path field

I'm sure this is simple, just have no idea. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Model: XS728T|ProSAFE 28-port 10 Gigabit Smart Switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Victor-R
Aspirant

Re: XS728T - Archive/Config file upload: How to find file path for USB drive connected to front p...

Thanks, I ended up downloading the file via the GUI (with help from Netgear Chat Support)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: XS728T - Archive/Config file upload: How to find file path for USB drive connected to front p...

Hi @Victor-R,

As per page 336 of the XS728T user manual here, in #7 under the section "Upload a File From the Switch to a USB Device," it says to leave the File Path field blank to save the file to the root USB directory.  Kindly try to leave the File Path field blank and on the USB File field, be sure to enter a name.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Victor-R
Aspirant

Thanks, I ended up downloading the file via the GUI (with help from Netgear Chat Support)

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements