× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

"Current PVID" auto turns to ZERO

ARAMP1
Aspirant

"Current PVID" auto turns to ZERO

I have a Netgear XS712T 10GbE switch as my main switch off my router.  I have a couple VLANs going for Management, Main Network, Guests, etc.  Off this XS712T, I have a ProSafe GS750E switch that I've set up the trunk port in a LAG.  Both ports of the LAG are tagged for each VLAN with a PVID of 10 (the Management VLAN).  

In the XS712T, I'm unable to tag the ports, they can only be set to "U" and when I try to set the PVID to 10 (the Management VLAN), it defaults the "Current PVID" to "0".  

The switch and the LAG seem to work, however I can not access the GUI unless I plug directly into the switch.  

What am I doing wrong?

PVID zero.jpg

Model: XS712T|ProSAFE 12-port Smart Switch with 10G fiber|EOL
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: "Current PVID" auto turns to ZERO

For the LAGs, you must configure tagging and PVID on the LAG, not on the individual ports. The Current PVID on the ports will always show 0 as long as the ports are member of a LAG. SImilar for the LAG VLAN association for T or U - do it on the LAG level. On the PVID settings, open "LAG" or "all" - there you can configure the l1..l8 PVID. 

Regards,

-Kurt

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6

All Replies
ARAMP1
Aspirant

Edit to add...

XS712T is on firmware 6.1.0.36 and the GS750E is on firmware 1.0.0.22 which are both the latest as far as I can tell.  

Message 2 of 6
schumaku
Guru

For the LAGs, you must configure tagging and PVID on the LAG, not on the individual ports. The Current PVID on the ports will always show 0 as long as the ports are member of a LAG. SImilar for the LAG VLAN association for T or U - do it on the LAG level. On the PVID settings, open "LAG" or "all" - there you can configure the l1..l8 PVID. 

Regards,

-Kurt

Message 3 of 6
ARAMP1
Aspirant

That makes sense however, on the other end of the LAG, the ProSafe GS750E, it shows T on both ports for each VLAN and shows the PVID as 10. 

Maybe it's different for a different line of switches?

Message 4 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Definitively, the Smart Managed Plus (e.g. GS750E) are very basic Web managed switches. Some switch models are merging the information for LAG and their ports, some allow even almost contradictorily configurations for LAG pots vs LAG, and others suppress the ports used in a LAG (so things look empty). Very confusing, we always try to show these details while Beta testing, with mixed results.

On top of all that, the XS712T does still have the "old" (almost legacy) Web interface, while newer XS variants come with the newer Web UI design.

Message 5 of 6
ARAMP1
Aspirant

Awesome.  Thanks for the explination and quick reply!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements