× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ACL in a stack - how to?

DerMaddin
Follower

ACL in a stack - how to?

Hi all,

I have a stack of four M4300-12X12F. Some SFP+ and RJ45 ports are configured for stacking. Some other ports set up for LAG/LACP and the rest is used for direct connection to server hosts, firewall, phone system etc.

When creating ACLs I have to bind them to a port or VLAN to take effect. So let´s say I have VLAN10 (client and printer), VLAN20 (servers) and VLAN82 (security Wifi cameras). The goal is to allow VLAN10 to access VLAN20 and vice versa + Internet but access to VLAN82 is restricted to VLAN20 only.

How do I create and bind a rule to each VLAN? Do I create a rule set to each VLAN and bind to VLAN instead of port?

Model: XSM4324S|M4300-12X12F - Stackable Managed Switch with 24x10G including 12x10GBASE-T and 12xSFP+ Layer 3
Message 1 of 2
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ACL in a stack - how to?

@DerMaddin,

When creating ACLs I have to bind them to a port or VLAN to take effect.
How do I create and bind a rule to each VLAN? Do I create a rule set to each VLAN and bind to VLAN instead of port?

The ACL should be binded to a port.  Check the scenario on the article below:

VLAN Routing on Smart Switches - Read pages 4-5 about IP ACL on how its configured but it would be best to read the whole article on why IP ACL is configured.  

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements