Assign IP address to device?

kapty
Follower

Assign IP address to device?

I was told to install that switch. I'm not sure if that model is what was needed. Kinda overkill.

So what I need to do for now is allow about 9 device to get assigned an IP address (each different) like

a regular home internet router.

With the default config all the device are visible on the connected PC but they all have the same IP.

I was not able to find anything about how to get a connected device list or Ip list (like you can see on home products).

So is that possible at all or it's not what that switch is designed for?

Thanks.

Model: S3300-28X-PoE+ (GS728TXP)|ProSafe 24 ports stackable smart switches with POE+
Message 1 of 3
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Assign IP address to device?

Hello kapty, 

Welcome to the community! 

The main purpose of the switch is to add ports to an existing router, divide the network (using VLANs) and control traffic, and add restrictions (ACLs). The IP lists will be available on the DHCP server (router/firewall/server) since it is the one responsible for the designation/leasing of the IP addresses. Also, you may want to check the router that you are using when creating VLANs with routing, you'll need to have a router that is VLAN-aware. Can you provide a network diagram on what you are planning to accomplish? 

Thanks, 

JohnRo
NETGEAR® Community Team
Message 2 of 3
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Assign IP address to device?

Hi kapty, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks, 

JohnRo
NETGEAR® Community Team
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements