Highlighted
Guide

Bug in the web site of the switch GS105Ev2

Hello

I have GS105Ev2 with fw 1.6.0.4 and there is the bug in the web management page that right side need scrolling even if there is plenty of space, please fix.

thanks

Model: GS105Ev2|ProSafe Plus 5 ports switch
Message 1 of 8
Highlighted
Guru

Re: Bug in the web site of the switch GS105Ev2

Well, that's a design descision and in place on switches with much more ports than your five-port unit, certainly not a bug. The "plenty of space" you complain about is the 40px td spacer, is it?

40px spacer table.PNG

Not asked to much having a minimum design size of 990px x 475px of a browser, isn't it?

Message 2 of 8
Highlighted
Guru

FWIW Netgear does use a 30px spacer on the Smart Managed Plus switches.

Message 3 of 8
Highlighted
Guide

@schumaku wrote:

Well, that's a design descision and in place on switches with much more ports than your five-port unit, certainly not a bug. The "plenty of space" you complain about is the 40px td spacer, is it?

Not asked to much having a minimum design size of 990px x 475px of a browser, isn't it?

Check screenshot in this post, I was referring to the plenty space bellow which is not used. I believe this was ok in the older firmwares, but I can't experiment on this one to confirm this.

Message 4 of 8
Highlighted
Guide

Capture.PNG

Message 5 of 8
Highlighted
Guide

@BretD 

for me is ok in FIrefox, but not ok in Chrome. It was ok few months ago with older firmware, unfortunatelly I can't downgrade on this live switch on confirm it. I do not have any special addon except adblock plus. Any developer can check this or can I report this to developers?

thank you

Chrome

ng1.PNG

Firefox

ng2.PNG

Message 6 of 8
Highlighted
Guide

It's really annoying I can't edit my posts...

Ok so when this is not working, the page is not fully loaded, loading icon is always rotating. When I open same page in other browser it is ok.

Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Guru

@Peter-K2 wrote:

Ok so when this is not working, the page is not fully loaded, loading icon is always rotating. When I open same page in other browser it is ok.

Sorry, the white section below remained hidden white-in-white in the Windows Photo viewer.

Operating several very similar switches (like GS108E, GS105PE) on 1.6.0.4 and Chrome does load and render the page as expected, and even on slow connection I can't spot a loading icon.

If dropping the Chrome browser cache (content only) does not mitigate, open the Chrome Developer Tools (Ctrl-Shift-I) in the Network - the waterfall view does show the module (e.g. any JS or CGI) which does hold off the the complete processing.

@Peter-K2 wrote:

It's really annoying I can't edit my posts...

Editing is allowed for a grace period only - don't know exactly how long, some minutes only - and not in all community sections why ever. Works in this section, too:

Edit Reply.PNG

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements