Re: Connect two stack GS752TP

Iwawa
Apprentice

Connect two stack GS752TP

Hi to all,

in a network infrastructure I have create a Stack with 1 GS728TP as master and 5 GS752TP.

On this stack I have created some VLAN.

To switches 1 and 2 are connected the esxi hosts and the datastores; to other swicthes all the rest of the network.

Now because the maximum stack limit is six switches, I would to create a new stack of two switches (GS752TP) in order to connect the esxi hosts and the datastore. 

It is possible? 

How can I connect the two stacks together?

Do I create all the vlans on the new stack and delete them on the second stack?

Every help is welcome.

Best Regards

Gaetano

Gaetano
Model: GS752TPS(B)|ProSAFE 48-Port Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch with PoE and 4 SFP uplinks
Message 1 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi Iwawa,

Yes, that would be possible. I recommend to setup a LAG/LACP on two group of stacks in order for you to have a better connection. Creating/Deleting the VLANs will depend if you still need it on your new stack. As long as they are connected via LAG/LACP then there shouldn't be any problem.

What are link aggregation and LACP and how can I use them in my network?

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 2 of 6
Iwawa
Apprentice

Hi John

Thanks for the reply.

I'm doing now some tests.

I just need to understand how to TAG the ports tag on the LAG.

Have You a suggestion?

Best Regards

Gaetano
Message 3 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Iwawa,

Setting up the LAG as a Tagged port is same as the other ports. Select Switching > VLAN > Advanced > VLAN Membership and set the assigned LAG ports to T. Don't forget to enable the LAG group that you created at the bottom.

Regards,

Message 4 of 6
Iwawa
Apprentice

Hello,

I have create this LAG.

lag1_1.png

• When you suggest me to tag the ports used for the lag, do you mean this?

lag1_2.png

• Do I must repeat this operation on all the VLANs I've created?

Don't forget to enable the LAG group that you created at the bottom.
  • Where exactly I enable the lag? In the last line and for each VLAN?

I really appreciate your help

Regards

Gaetano
Model: GS752TPS(B)|ProSAFE 48-Port Gigabit Stackable Smart Switch with PoE and 4 SFP uplinks
Message 5 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Iwawa,

This is correct.

lag1_1.png

You may just remove the Tagging on ports 46-48 and just enable LAG by putting T on LAG 1.

lag1_2.png

• Where exactly I enable the lag? In the last line and for each VLAN?

You just enabled the LAG by putting T on the last line. Please make sure that you are going to put T on the LAG ID that you created which is LAG 1. Just let me know if you have questions.

If ever your concern has been addressed or resolved, I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements