Highlighted
Follower

Firmware update laddering procedure for GS110TP switch

The current firmware on the switch is 5.0.3.5 and the newest version is 5.4.2.27. I suspect there is a laddering procedure for updating the firmware that likely includes updating to 2 or 3 different versions between the current on and the new one that would be recommended.  I wanted to know what that is before I burn through a week or two trying every update in between or potentially really messing up by just trying to install the latest Firmware.  Any info out there that would really help. Thanks in advance for any and all responses!

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Firmware update laddering procedure for GS110TP switch

Hello Thatsit, 

Welcome to the community! 

Yes, you are correct! We do recommend updating the firmware incrementally. It appears that you are about 11 firmware behind, I'd do it one by one but if you want to save time you can skip one firmware per update. 

Thanks, 

JohnRo
NETGEAR® Community Team
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Firmware update laddering procedure for GS110TP switch

Hi Thatsit, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

JohnRo
NETGEAR® Community Team
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements