× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108Ev3 POE pass thru?

Boatguy54
Guide

GS108Ev3 POE pass thru?

If I put a GS108Ev3 switch downstream from a switch that provides POE, will the GS108Ev3 pass that power through to a connected device?

Or does the POE have to be injected at the last switch before the device?

Model: GS108Ev3|ProSAFE 8-port Gigabit Plus Switch
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
XavierLL
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS108Ev3 POE pass thru?

Hi,

The GS108E doesn´t have PoE Passthrough capabilities and can´t be powered by another PoE device or pass this power to other devices.

However we do have our GS105PE that works exactly like this, you can power it from another PoE switch and at the same time is able to pass this power to a couple of devices. My recommendation would be that you use a PoE+ switch so you will have enough power to power other devices.

Hope it helps!

Xavier Lleixa

NETGEAR CBU PLM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
XavierLL
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS108Ev3 POE pass thru?

Hi,

The GS108E doesn´t have PoE Passthrough capabilities and can´t be powered by another PoE device or pass this power to other devices.

However we do have our GS105PE that works exactly like this, you can power it from another PoE switch and at the same time is able to pass this power to a couple of devices. My recommendation would be that you use a PoE+ switch so you will have enough power to power other devices.

Hope it helps!

Xavier Lleixa

NETGEAR CBU PLM

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements