× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS108T - Can't login after enabling 802.1x

NebRedstone
Aspirant

GS108T - Can't login after enabling 802.1x

I’ve logged into the switch at 192.168.0.239 with the default password "password", and I am able to see the switch on the NETGEAR Switch Discovery Tool.

Next, I've configured 802.1x on the switch with the RADIUS server also, then enabled 802.1x and have port 8 set to Authorised, which I'm currently plugged into and still logged onto the Switch.

I've used this guide to setup 802.1x: https://kb.netgear.com/24753/How-do-I-configure-802-1X-based-authentication-on-a-smart-switch

I've then restarted the switch and successfully connected to the switch at port 8 with "EAP Success" message in Wireshark. I connect to 192.168.0.239 again and try to login with "password" as the password but I get "Login Failure" now, but I haven't changed the password, and also the switch no longer shows up on the NETGEAR Switch Discovery Tool but i can still connect to it at 192.168.0.239.

What's the reason I can't login to the switch anymore?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS108T - Can't login after enabling 802.1x

Reads like the login is going to the RADIUS server instead of the local authentication. Setup an extra "admin" user with a password of your choice on your RADIUS server to be able to login into the WebUI.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Reads like the login is going to the RADIUS server instead of the local authentication. Setup an extra "admin" user with a password of your choice on your RADIUS server to be able to login into the WebUI.

Message 2 of 4
NebRedstone
Aspirant

Close enough! In the end I just had to add "Local" as number 2 on the Authentication List.

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

@NebRedstone wrote:

In the end I just had to add "Local" as number 2 on the Authentication List.

Yep, completely forgot about this option!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements