× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS110EMX and usage of the 10G ports

yair35
Follower

GS110EMX and usage of the 10G ports

Hello,

I'm quite new in this switches field so I better ask than sorry...

I have 5 cameras with 1G ethernet interface and one with multi-gig interface (up to 10 GE..) and I'd like to record all of them simultaneously to a host with 10GE interface. can I use one of the 10G port of this switch to the 10G camera (streaming data), the others to ports 1~5 and the host to the second 10G port as uplink to host?

Another question, I'd like to synchronize all cameras via PTP (PTP server will be connected to port #6..) would that be a problem? is there a special switches family for that?

Appreciate your support!!

Model: GS110EMX|8 Port Gigabit Ethernet Smart Managed Plus Switch with 2-Port 10G/Multi-Gig Uplinks
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS110EMX and usage of the 10G ports

Bandwidth might be OK, device temperatures can be an issue at a concurrent high load (that's a fanless switch). The no-go is the PTP requirement.

No non-managed, Smart Managed Plus and Pro switches, and even several managed switches can't handle PTP.

Read the reply by LaurentMa here -> https://community.netgear.com/t5/Smart-Plus-and-Smart-Pro-Managed/XS748T-IEEE-1588-Support/m-p/19032...

Please check this post

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Re: GS110EMX and usage of the 10G ports

Bandwidth might be OK, device temperatures can be an issue at a concurrent high load (that's a fanless switch). The no-go is the PTP requirement.

No non-managed, Smart Managed Plus and Pro switches, and even several managed switches can't handle PTP.

Read the reply by LaurentMa here -> https://community.netgear.com/t5/Smart-Plus-and-Smart-Pro-Managed/XS748T-IEEE-1588-Support/m-p/19032...

Please check this post
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements