Re: GS110TP auto-disabling port to Apple TV

ka9q
Aspirant

GS110TP auto-disabling port to Apple TV

I have an Apple 4K TV plugged into a copper port on a GS110TP. The Apple TV box repeatedly flaps the Ethernet link up and down whenever it is in standby state. This bug has been reported to Apple for years but they seem uninterested in fixing it.

It wouldn't be a serious problem except that this frequent port flapping eventually causes the GS110TP to disable the port. Apparently it's tripping some sort of DDoS protection. The port status is marked as D-Disable, and the link comes back up when I manualy re-enable it.

I've disabled every DDoS feature I can find on the switch, but this still happens. Is there a way to disable EVERY so-called "DDoS protection feature on this switch?

Model: GS110TP|ProSafe 8 ports gigabit PoE smart switch
Message 1 of 3
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@ka9q,

Welcome to our community! Smiley Happy

By default, Auto-DoS is disabled. May you be able to share some logs in order for us to identify what is causing the port to flap? 

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
ka9q
Aspirant

That's what I thought too -- that audio DDoS was disabled. And I have every DDoS setting that I can find disabled. Yet when the port goes down, it shows as "D-Disabled", which I understand means "disabled because of DDoS protection".

Even though the port flapping is very frequent (whenever the Apple TV is in sleep state) this doesn't happen every day, but I'll try to grab some logs the next time it does happen.

Model: GS110TP|ProSafe 8 ports gigabit PoE smart switch
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements