Re: GS724TP update firmware from V5.1.0.1

Glassdome
Aspirant

GS724TP update firmware from V5.1.0.1

Hi there. I have a net hear GS724TP switch and it is sitting on firmware V5.1.0.1 it works fine but I am conscious this firmware version is several below the current.

I don’t want to cause issues with it and so before I download the firmware and update. Can the update to the latest firmware be done in one go? Or do I need to download a prior version first and update to that? I have found a lot of posts on issues from V3 but nothing from V5.1.0.1.

Any advice would be fantastic before I start updating. Thanks in advance
Model: GS724TP|ProSafe 24 ports gigabit smart switches with PoE
Message 1 of 9
DaneA
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Glassdome,

It is advisable to update the firmware in a ladderized manner.  Since the current firmware is v5.1.0.1, update it first to v5.2.0.5 then to v5.2.0.9 and so on until you reach the latest firmware version which is v5.2.0.11.  Be sure to perform a factory reset on the GS724TP switch after upgrading to the latest firmware version then reconfigure the settings from scratch in order to start clean using the latest firmware version.

You can download the firmware version for the GS724TP on this link.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 9
Glassdome
Aspirant

Awesome for the help from everyone in the community. I’m now fully up to date now. One issue is that I seem to have lost the time on the unit. If I set the current time, it defaults or resets back on 01 October 2009 when I reboot it. Is this down to the firmware change or is there some sort of internal battery as we’re inckuded on old pc’s?

Thanks in advance
Message 3 of 9
DaneA
NETGEAR Moderator

@Glassdome,

I suggest you to configure the SNTP server on the GS724TP switch.  Kindly access the article below and use it as your guide:

How do I set the named Simple Network Time Protocol (SNTP) server using the web interface on my mana...

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 9
Glassdome
Aspirant

DaneA - sincere thanks. Unfortunately I don’t seem to have those options. I have attached the screen views I have under time and sntp configuration
Message 5 of 9
Glassdome
Aspirant

Message 6 of 9
DaneA
NETGEAR Moderator

@Glassdome,

I apologize for I have not included the reference from the GS724TP documentation.  The images from the article are not going to be the same as what you will see in the web-GUI of your GS724TP that is why I mentioned, "use it as your guide."  

Kindly read pages 3-5 to 3-7 of the GS724TP user manual here about Time and SNTP Server Configuration.  If ever you are located in North America, you can check the list of active NTP server here and choose your respective NTP server.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 7 of 9
Glassdome
Aspirant

Hi there and thanks. Unfortunately that hasn’t got me much further as the instructions don’t provide a unicast SNTP address and the link addresses don’t work. I am based in London UK and so looking for the unicast SNTP for here. Are you able to provide these or link to where I can find these? Thanks in advance
Message 8 of 9
DaneA
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Glassdome,

Kindly check the NTP Servers UK list on this link that I found from the internet.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements