× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GS748T Issue with DHCP filtering

luas
Tutor

GS748T Issue with DHCP filtering

Hi,

I have an issue with a freshly configured GS748Tv4, where DHCP filtering is not working as expected.

I enabled DHCP filtering and set port 50 as trusted, all other ports as untrusted. But when I remove the uplink from port 50 and plug it into a different port, I will still receive DHCP offers.

Any ideas what could be the cause?

Firmware is up-to-date (5.4.2.30)

Model: GS748Tv4|Netgear 48 ports Smart Switch
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: GS748T Issue with DHCP filtering

Hi @luas,

Let us isolate the problem.  Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Was DHCP Filtering on the GS748Tv4 switch working before?

b. Is the DHCP server connected directly to port 50 (uplink port)?  

c. How is everything connected?  It would be best if you post an image or screenshot of your detailed network setup.

d. Have you tried to reboot the GS748Tv4 switch?  If not yet, kindly try it then check if the same problem will occur.

e. Have you just newly updated the firmware of the GS748Tv4 switch to v5.4.2.30?  If yes, I suggest you to perform a factory reset then reconfigure the settings from scratch and check if the same problem will occur.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @luas,

Let us isolate the problem.  Kindly answer the questions below:

a. Was DHCP Filtering on the GS748Tv4 switch working before?

b. Is the DHCP server connected directly to port 50 (uplink port)?  

c. How is everything connected?  It would be best if you post an image or screenshot of your detailed network setup.

d. Have you tried to reboot the GS748Tv4 switch?  If not yet, kindly try it then check if the same problem will occur.

e. Have you just newly updated the firmware of the GS748Tv4 switch to v5.4.2.30?  If yes, I suggest you to perform a factory reset then reconfigure the settings from scratch and check if the same problem will occur.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
luas
Tutor

Hi,
thanks for your reply!

Right now, I can't reproduce it. I guess it was some issue with the notebook caching the address.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements