× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

GSS116E lost access via browser and prosafe utility

Comigueis
Aspirant

GSS116E lost access via browser and prosafe utility

After upgradingsystem to:

prosafe utility 2.7.7

Firmware from 1.0.0.0 to 1.6.1.3

Lost complet access to switch. Prosafe utility says that access was disabled, and should connect via browser.

On browser I can only get firmware uploader.

How can I get acess back via Browser or ProSafe utility?

I lost my switch completely. Have no options to set IP address, managed systems. What I got with this upgrade was to change my switch to a brick. Rubish Bin!

Please help me!

Model: GS116E|ProSafe Plus 16 ports gigabit switch
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Comigueis
Aspirant

Re: GSS116E lost access via browser and prosafe utility

APOLOGIES TO ALLL!!

Sorry I didn't get the differences of loader and firmware. I could get the loader GSS116E_LOADER_V1.0.0.5 in firmware kits. up to version 1.6.0.5.

Now I see the system management page on browser.

Yuhuuu!!!!!

Great

Many Thanks

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@Comigueis,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

As per checking that you lost your access to the switch. I believe that this is working as design. You may just need to upload the boot loader in order to gain access again to the admin page.

It states on the release notes of the v1.6.1.3 that "Changes the Switch Management Mode (System > Management > Switch Management Mode) default value from Web browser and Plus Utility to Web browser only"

GSS116E Firmware Version 1.6.1.3

If you need immediate assistance, please create a ticket and let our support team know the status of your switch.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
schumaku
Guru

The process is nicely documented in the GSS116E Firmware Version 1.6.1.3 Release Notes.

The problem my friend @JohnC_V is here again that the "latest" firmware kit (ZIP archive) does again not contain the current bootloader image required! It would be a good policy to include the current valid bootloader image on all subsequent especially on the certain Smart Managed Plus or Click model lines. Unless I'm wrong, the last bootloader image would be v1.0.0.5 - it's available in the older GSS116E Firmware Version 1.6.0.9 firmware kit.

Message 3 of 5
Comigueis
Aspirant

Unfortunatelly didn't work. When transfering firmware file I got a message "er009 ".

No access to anything, even could apply IP settings and switch in stucked on default. When I mean NO ACCESS, I mean no access via prosafe utility or via browser. The only page that I have access is firmware loader that is unable to transfer the firmware.

So, what I should do?

Message 4 of 5
Comigueis
Aspirant

APOLOGIES TO ALLL!!

Sorry I didn't get the differences of loader and firmware. I could get the loader GSS116E_LOADER_V1.0.0.5 in firmware kits. up to version 1.6.0.5.

Now I see the system management page on browser.

Yuhuuu!!!!!

Great

Many Thanks

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements