Highlighted
Aspirant

Gs108t v2 v3 differences

Perhaps by google-fu is sub par, but I cannot seem to find a comparison between the v2 and v3 Gs108t switches.  Can anyone help?

Also, does anyone know when they will be available in Europe/UK?

Model: GS108T|ProSafe 8 ports gigabit smart switch
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Guru

Re: Gs108t v2 v3 differences

New hardware version, mandatory product registration, optional Insight cloud manageable - beyond this the same feature set.

I'm not Netgear, so no idea about product availability for the GS108Tv2 (GS108T-100GES) to the European market.

Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

I saw a post here saying that the latest firmware has dispensed with the mandatory registration.

Some posts also aluded to new features in v3 - but I can’t find any info.  Are you sure about same feature set?

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Guru

@aris1234 wrote:

I saw a post here saying that the latest firmware has dispensed with the mandatory registration.

This was a different story. The new out-of-the-box firmware had not allowed an offline login using the admin account, instead one had to use the [My]Netgear cloud login every time. This was superseeded by an initially limited Web UI, making the product registration mandatory, and finally allows a local admin authentication again.

@aris1234 wrote:

Some posts also aluded to new features in v3 - but I can’t find any info.  Are you sure about same feature set?

Well, my information was a little bit lazy - some new feature added might be limited static IPv4 routing.

What feature are you behind?

Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

I just want to know if I should seek out or wait for a v3 or buy a v2 now. That would depend on the feature set of each.

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Guru

What features do you need tomorrow and and say in some years?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements